Pittsburgh has a long history in materials development, and we look forward to continuing that trend with a series of interdisciplinary informal seminars with research across the materials spectrum. Each month, we will include a range of topics, with 15-20 minute talks and lots of time for discussion.
All talks are from 4-5PM, and those attending are encouraged to continue discussion over drinks or dinner.
Unless otherwise noted, seminars are held in the Chevron Science Center on the Pitt campus, in room 150.
2012 Fall Seminar Schedule
- Langli Luo (Binghamton, Yang Group): Cu and Alloy Oxidation via In-Situ TEM
- Tao Li (Rosi Group): Expanding the Complexity of Bio-MOFs via Core-Shell Strategy
- Peter Kondratyuk (Gellman Group, CMU): High-throughput characterization of catalytic activity and electronic structure of Cu-Pd alloys
- Special Seminar
- Prof. Dwight Seferos (U. Toronto): Selenophene and Tellurophene Polymers, Nanostructures and Energy Materials
2012 Spring Seminar Schedule
- Dr. Sumedh Surwade (Liu Group): DNA-Templated Nanolithography
- Dr. Tian Huang (Petek Group): A Single-Molecule Hierarchical Chiral Switch
- Dr. Dahlia Haynes (McCullough Group): Influence of End-Groups on Self-Assembly and Properties of Poly(3-hexyl-thiophene)
- Xinfeng Quan (Hutchison Group): Novel Organic Piezoelectric Materials
- Long Li (Yang Group): Characterization of Pt Nanoparticles
- Dr. Hyung Ju Ryu (Bockstaller Group): Mapping of Grain Boundary Energies of Block Copolymer/Homopolymer Blends
- Tao Li (Rosi Group): Bio-Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs)
- Bo Zhang (Johnson Group): First Principles and Classical Simulation of Ionic Liquid Materials for CO2 Capture
- Dr. Chris Andolina (Millstone Group): Surface-Controlled Nanoparticle Alloys
April 27th NOW May 4th
The April/May meeting will be held at CMU’s Mellon Institute in the Auditorium.
- Jian Li (Meyer Group): Repeating Sequence Co-Polymers
- Yang Wang (Waldeck Group): Electrochemically Guided Photovoltaic Devices
- Huifeng Qian (Jin Group): Quantum-sized Gold Nanoclusters
Fall seminars will be announced soon, starting with an end of August meeting. Announcements and reminders will be sent via the Google Groups e-mail list below as well as on this page.
|Subscribe to Pittsburgh Materials SuperGroup|
|Visit this group|